👋 Hey PeerBoard Community!
In this update:
- Post pre-moderation queue!
- Updated spaces editor: on web & now also on mobile!
- Customization: our second ever "Modern" product theme
- Digest: weekday selector
- Post Editor: improved space selector (esp. for large communities)
- For Developers: new feed API & the theme field in community APIs
- Important bug fixes
1. Gate Member Posts
Community police, this is your call - post pre-moderation is live! Go to Settings -> Moderation and tick the pre-moderation queue box to vet the content that goes live. You can choose to trust members based on their account age and activity on the same page.
When post moderation is enabled, eligible member posts will be held until an admin or a moderator approves them. After approval, posts get published automatically and their creation date is reset.
Moderators receive email notice about every post needing moderation, and we notify members of their decision over email, too.
2. Redesigned Space Editor on Web & Mobile
As our communities were getting larger, we realized that the drag&drop space editor had started causing trouble as it meant scrolling down a list of an unlimited number of spaces - while holding your mouse button or finger down. That's in the past now!
With the latest editor, all you have to do is to unpin a space, choose a different spot and pin it there. Don't forget to Save all the changes at the bottom.
We also launched this new editor on mobile as well (previously unavailable).
3. NEW "Modern" Theme!
Now this is a huge update for us. Historically, we used to have a single minimalistic theme and a lot of our decisions were compromises to keep everybody happy. With the introduction of our second ever theme, we don't have to limit ourselves no more!
Now in addition to theme colors and fonts, you can also change the whole community styling. Give it a try and see for yourself which one you like more. Find it under Customization -> Theme.
For enterprise partners: now you can also request a custom theme! If you're interested, select it in the dropdown & follow further instructions.
Bonus! Select theme and theme colors on our Free plan
The title says it all! We have given access to communities on the free plan to more granular customization. That will allow you to make communities look like home, even on the budget.
To pick a new theme or change colors, go to Customization -> Theme.
4. Send Weekly Digests on Custom Days
When is your audience most likely to read community news? No one can answer it better than you. Go to Customization -> Emails and choose the day you think would work best.
5. Improved Space Selector in Post Editor
To create a post, you should choose a space where it lives. Again, within multi-space communities, this can be a long-time scrolling. We have heard you and made it possible to search in the selector.
6. APIs Updates for Developers
- Community feed API. Don't want to lose a byte of a community info? Import the feed using the new APIs. This also allows you to create your custom feed preview or rendering if needed.
- New theme field in APIs. With the rollout of the new community theme, we've added a corresponding field in all the existing APIs (customization and community creation) to allow you to set it programmatically.
7. Notable bug fixes
- Fixed the copy-paste glitch in the editor
- A lot of UI polish
What's your favorite feature from this release? Share in the comments!
P.S. We are actively testing notifications panel & mentions in posts and comments - so keep your eyes out for them in the next 2 weeks!