PeerBoard adds a neat community board into your Thinkific site with just a few clicks, opening up a wide array of opportunities to engage and support students.
Our native integration allows a single login system and automatic member import to deliver the best user experience.
⭐ How to Install PeerBoard ⭐
Install the PeerBoard app from your Thinkific account and give your students access to the community where they can ask questions, connect with other learners and share their wins and failures.
To install the PeerBoard app, use this direct link. Click Install -> Accept & Install. You will then be redirected to your admin dashboard on PeerBoard where you'll find the next steps of the app configuration.
⭐ How to Set Up PeerBoard ⭐
- Go to your Thinkific dashboard, hover on Design Your Site, choose Site Pages.
- Select New custom page on the top right corner. Name the page and give it a title (optional).
- Click on the newly added page and select Add Section.
- Type in PeerBoard or community and click on the widget to get a preview of your community. Good job! You've added the community. Don't forget to Save the changes.
We recommend decluttering the community page and removing the academy banner.
- For that, click on the banner section and choose Delete Section at the bottom.
- Afterward, hit Save in the top right corner. Done!
⭐ How to Add the Link to Header⭐
- After adding the community page, exit the site builder and select the home page.
- Hover on the header and click Edit.
- Select Add link. Name the link (tip: use the heading of your community page), add the destination (the community page link) and edit your preferences (open in the same or new window).
- All set! Next, go ahead and edit your admin bio in the community on the newly added page.
⭐ How to Uninstall the App ⭐
To uninstall the PeerBoard app,
- Go to the App section of your Thinkific dashboard.
- Hover on PeerBoard and select the trash bin.
❗❗ By deleting the PeerBoard app from your Thinkific site, you are not deleting your community board. It will stay live on PeerBoard until you delete it.
❗❗ By deleting the app, you are not deleting the community page on your website. It must be done separately.
⭐ How to Reinstall the App ⭐
You may need to reinstall the app in two scenarios:
To reinstall the app, follow the steps in how to install & set up the app paragraphs. Or, if you haven't the deleted the community page, add PeerBoard as a section to that page after the installation.
⭐ How to Delete My PeerBoard Community⭐
Before you have uninstalled the app:
- Go to your community page on Thinkific.
- Choose General under the Settings.
- Type in
delete on the bottom of the page
After you have uninstalled the app:
- Visit peerboard.com and log into your PeerBoard admin dashboard.
- By clicking General under the Settings section, you will be redirected to your community page.
- Type in
delete on the bottom of the page .
📭 How to Contact PeerBoard
If you run into any questions while setting up your PeerBoard app, the quickest way to get our attention is by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also ask in our product community.
🚀 After You Have Set Up the App…
There are quite a few articles on PeerBoard to get you started on building your student community. The highlights are: