Hi, dear PeerBoarders! We hope that the year has started well for you and your communities. Our team keeps working on optimizing the functioning of your boards, and here is our first product update of 2021.
From now on, it is possible to:
- Auto-import WordPress users into your community.
- Redirect members back onto the page where they hit sign in.
- Streamline member login experience from digest replies.
- Set up a community for Polish speakers.
- Explore wider pricing options to meet your needs.
Smooth Transition from WordPress to PeerBoard
Before, you had to manually reassign roles to your WordPress users on the PeerBoard instance, but that’s in the past. To import users from WordPress to the community board, go to
WordPress plugin settings and click on
Import all users to PeerBoard.
Frictionless Sign in With return_to URL Parameter
There used to be a longer process of accessing a community if members forgot to log in first. After they chose to sign in on a community page, they would be taken to a home page instead. With the support of
return_to URL parameter, users will stay put once they sign in.
First Things First — Sign In to Reply
Of course, if you weren't signed in, you couldn't leave or reply to a comment in the daily digest. When your members clicked Reply in the email, they would be taken to the comment instead of the log in page. Now it's the other way around. Once you choose to Reply, you are prompted to log in and forwarded afterwards to the comment you received.
Now Available in Polish
Charles the Great is believed to have said, ‘To have another language is to possess a second soul.’ That means PeerBoard has just acquired the 12th soul! Polish speakers, witam! (welcome!)
In our October release, we introduced a free plan that would be available to get only until the end of 2020. However, we decided it keep for good, as everyone deserves a free space to speak their mind. We have also added a Starter plan for $29/month and cut down the cost of the Professional plan to $79/month. For details on the pricing, refer to the screenshot below and the post.
Notable Bugfixes of the Month:
- Editor fixes — no more word/letter duplication or glitches on Android, no crashes on Chinese input or when inserting/playing a video.
- Search fixes — exact matches are now displayed first, new highlighting of the matching words, no more errors caused by punctuation marks
We're working on multiple large updates, and it takes us longer than expected, so stay tuned for the next update. More great things are coming!
Have an idea in mind?
Go ahead and share your thoughts in the comments. Also, how has the year started for you?