What is new as of February?
Hey, PeerBoard Community! We have introduced several long-awaited features last month to enhance your experience.
Important: Lower down the page, you will find an invitation to join a meeting with the PeerBoard team to discuss the updates and ask questions.
Without further adieu, here is what we've got for you:
- Introduced moderator roles.
- Activated search in Members list.
- Made the General category less rigid.
- Allowed all new members to edit their profile right from the start.
- Updated WordPress plug-in design.
1. Welcome Moderators
In addition to the Admin role who controls all the settings and rich features, we have introduced moderators who can delete posts and comments and block users. For each category, you can assign specific moderators and restrict their access to the rest of the content.
2. Search for Members
Our feed search allows to search across posts and headlines but what about users? If you were having trouble finding a member, admins now can search members by their name or email in Members tab on the right of the dashboard.
3. General as a Default Category
We have evened up the General category with the others to allow you and your members adjust its settings and remove it from Daily Digests. It should help you customize your feed and focus on what is most important.
4. Identical Onboarding for Invited & Auto-Imported Members
Once a member receives an invitation email and clicks the link, they will be taken to a page asking them to enter their profile information and customize the email digest.
5. Redesigned WordPress Plug-In Menu
To stick with our minimalistic approach and reduce the visual noise, we have moved external links from the top to the right of the instance. How do you find the new design?
Notable Bugfixes of the Month:
- Deleted members are not shown in the members list anymore.
- User profiles are auto-updated in WordPress.
- User permissions are rethought – users belonging to subcategories do not inherit permissions of the main category if they are not supposed to.
Want to discuss the changes with us?
We invite you all to joins us in a Zoom call to discuss the product release and ask any questions you might have on the 17th of March, at 5 pm GMT.