PeerBoard can be deeply integrated with Telegram in several ways. This guide describes how to connect your Telegram channel or a group as well as what is supported for user registration and delivery via Telegram.
Here's a quick summary of what we support:
- Automatically import all of your channel posts to your PeerBoard instance
- Attach Comment buttons to all imported posts so users can comment right from Telegram
- On opening comments seamlessly login users via Telegram into your PeerBoard instance
- For users who are logged in via Telegram, deliver digests and notifications from our bot
You can check example of such integrations at https://t.me/Shmit16 and at https://t.me/ponchiknews
PeerBoard members can use Login With Telegram option instead of email during their onboarding into a community. Registration in this case works through our bot that is opened from login page. You hit Start in Telegram and it sends you a registration link similar to the one users get in their emails. Clicking this link does three things.
- Opens a PeerBoard space right from Telegram on iOS and in installed browsers on Android/desktop
- Pre-fills user info with Telegram's first, last name and avatar
- Starts a thread between our bot and this user. This thread will be used for notifications in the future instead of email
This flow is enabled by default in your login form. Let us know if you'd like to disable it for some reason.
Users registered through Telegram have a thread with our bot open. We use this thread to send all the same notifications as through email. But in a form of Telegram messages. Links in those messages use Telegram Seamless Login so users will be logged in automatically from there.
Telegram Channels Integration
For Telegram channels we support a deep integration that:
- Automatically creates a post in PeerBoard on every channel post
- Adds Comments button with Seamless Login to all channel posts linking to PeerBoard posts
- Automatically updates these buttons counters on Comment increment
- Deleting a linked post on forum deletes Comment button in the channel
See examples of such integrations at https://t.me/ponchiknews and https://t.me/shmit16 (both in Russian).
Telegram Groups Integration
For Telegram groups we also support something similar. Instead of automatically converting every message to a post, we detect only messages marked with #discuss hashtag. Then since we cannot change your original message in a group (only in channels), we immediately send a small follow-up message from a bot with Comments button that works the same way as in channels.
We generally recommend using channels for most of the cases. Our mechanic in groups requires users to proactively tag their messages and that works only in very conscious groups.
Currently this integration is available only to selected partners so if you're interested in enabling it for your Telegram channel + website, please let us know by using a contact form on our website or by replying here directly.