Hey PeerBoard Community! 🕊️ ❤️
In this update:
- Thread Subscriptions
- Preserving Feed Scroll
- Editor: Link preview and copy
- For Developers: Batch Member Import API
- Localization: Available in Finnish
- Bug Fixes
- Early Access
- Helping Ukraine
1. Thread Subscription
Ever liked a comment section more than an original post? With the updated subscriptions logic, you can choose to subscribe to the new comments, new replies to selected comment threads, or both.
With that you can also see what sub-threads you are subscribed to, with a bell icon next to the root comment. And you can unsubscribe from those individual threads using the ... button and hitting Unsubscribe.
And with this revamp we have the most comprehensive, while simple to use, set of controls for post notifications!
- When you upvote a post, we automatically subscribe you to top-level comments.
- When you reply to a post, we only subscribe you to replies to your comment.
- When you upvote a comment or reply to it, we automatically subscribe you to all the future replies.
- To unsubscribe from either, use the dropdown button in the right corner of the comments section and choose the right option.
2. Preserving Feed Scroll
Fear no more losing focus when scrolling down a community feed! Now selecting Go to all posts will take you back where you left off.
3. Editor: Link preview and copy
Proofreading content is now easier. Preview the external links by highlighting the text and copy the link in the same preview window.
4. Batch Member Import API for Developers
Partners on Growth or Enterprise plans can now create new members and update their information in batches. This is very helpful for one-time importing of your existing memberbase into PeerBoard. So you can for example apply groups without being concerned about having the member in PeerBoard or not.
This API is already battle-tested by our plugins, but please let us know if you have any issues. Also make sure to account for our rate limits of about 1 call per second.
5. Host Your Community in Finnish
Moi, community leaders from Finland! You can now localize your board into Finnish by selecting Customization -> Language -> Suomi.
6. Bug Fixes
- Image upload doesn't disrupt editor functioning.
- Font color in email digests is fixed.
- Cmd+click open new tab is fixed.
- Going back to all posts in Safari is fixed.
7. Early Access
As you may have noticed, we also started a slower rollout of new larger features. And you may ask yourself - why are they not in the update and why cannot you find them? The thing is we changed our release process and now have tiered feature rollout to lower partner risks and collect feedback first.
If you'd like to take a bit more risk, but get access to our new features a week-two earlier, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your community id and we'll include it in our early rollout tier.
8. Helping Ukraine
On the last, but very important note, we would like to support communities and businesses affected by war in Ukraine. We have decided to waive any fees for such communities for the first 3 years of service. For more information, reach out to email@example.com. And if you know anybody who may benefit from it, please share!