PeerBoard already has rich email digests that are sent out daily to all of the members in your community. But sometimes you want to exclude some categories from your digest and also receive new posts in realtime. A good example of that is our Bugreports category in this community.
So for a case like that you can use our Zapier integration, a super simple way to enable rich automation for your community.
Create a Zap
- Open Zap Editor
- For the trigger, select PeerBoard -> New Post Created
- Authenticate into your board in Zapier using Auth token from your community Settings -> Hosting
- Optionally, you can specify particular categories you want to receive notifications from (like Bugreports).
- Test your trigger and continue to the action
- For the action, select Gmail -> Send Email
- Chose the account you'd like to email yourself from - this can be your own email
- Customize email: specify To and Reply to as your own email, use post title for email title and Category Name, Short Post Preview and Link to Post as email body.
- Hit test and continue and you should receive an email with the last post as on the screenshot below. Finally hit Publish.
This is it! And here's how the result looks for me in Gmail. This bugreport is fixed, btw 😇