One of my Boards was a direct result of Yahoo Groups Closing. PeerBoard seemed to be the best alternative for a client who needed a replacement. We integrated it into their WordPress Member Portal and are using the WordPress Plugin. While I (thankfully) had the honor to talk with the developers directly on some of these requests, I figured I would post these publicly on this board. Some of them look like they are already in the works!
- Weekly Digests (Coming Soon!)
- Ability for Digests to show comments posts received
- Ability for Posts to have attachments that would also be able to be downloaded via the digests (through a link). Yahoo would remove the attachment in the e-mail and put a link where the user could download the attachment directly from their e-mail.
- Ability for users to set their notification preferences (when Weekly Digests come out) directly from within the WordPress Plugin (similar to how "Settings" appears when the admin user is logged into the WordPress Plugin).
- Ability for a user to reply directly to the "group" or the "individual" from the digests - if to the group it would automatically show up as a comment in the PeerBoard, if it was to the individual it would automatically send them an e-mail via PeerBoard (keeping their address hidden from the user sending them an e-mail). Yahoo accomplished this by having below each post/reply in the digest a link for "Reply to Group" and "Reply to Individual" This would open up a coded e-mail address in their e-mail client that would then go to Yahoo Groups and then be passed onto the Individual or create the reply in the Group page (and would then show up in the next digest).
The advantage of all these features (at least for this group) is they didn't have to log into Yahoo Groups just to be able to reply to a post - it was easy and quick to be "part of the community" by replying via e-mail.